Monday, June 11, 2007

Welcome

I'm pretty damn excited to begin blogging. Today seemed like a good a day as any to start. After frequently reading my friend Bill's blog, and New York venture capitalist Fred Wilson's blog, one that has increased my knowledge of the tech world immensely, the fever has come over me. I'm gonna give it a shot myself. Who knows how it's gonna turn out or what sort of topics are gonna come up, but it should be fun. Countless entries, comments, links, and other windows into the random nature of one's personality. I heard something or saw something today that affected me? Well, throw it up on the blog. Talk about it, share it, discuss it, debate it. I've never been a journal person, but this is a modern world journal type format that I think I can get into.

So, what do you do when your wife/best friend/love of your life and general inspirational figure goes away for the summer? You need to keep yourself as busy as possible. Merideth safely arrived in Kansas City this morning to begin rehearsal for a show at the American Heartland Theater. The show is titled 8-Track and highlights sounds of the 1970's. Can't wait to hear Mer wailing out some Carole King classics when I visit in a couple weeks.

One thing that certainly keeps you busy is some good ol' marathon training. Three years ago, my friend Ned and I completed the San Diego Rock N Roll marathon. I would certainly qualify it as one of the most difficult achievements of my life. Taxing, grueling, mentally draining. You end the race and you're a mess. So, I'm here in New York, living alone for the summer. What do I decide to put myself through? How about the NYC marathon? Why not. Here's all the official info on the race.

About a month ago, my high school friend Joel and I talked about running a marathon together. I found one that fit the fall timetable near Lake Champlain, the Green Mountain Marathon. It looked like it would be a spectacular setting. I pushed it on Joel, but he was pretty adamant about running New York. Didn't take much to convince me. We find out on Friday whether or not we landed a number in the lottery. Fingers crossed. If not, we'll make the trek north and enjoy the beautiful Vermont country in late October.

No comments: